Car Rental Terms
1. Driver's age: Minimum 21 years old for credit card holders & 23 years old for non credit card holders and for car groups F, H, M, O, V.
2. Driver's license: A valid driving license issued at least a year ago.
3. Method of Payment: A credit or charge card is required for all rentals, even if renter finally pays in cash or with a different credit/charge card.
4. Deposits: Deposits for estimated charges are required at the beginning of the rental (minimum deposit €350) for car groups B, C, D, E, F, H, M, O, V. No deposit required for credit card holders, honored by KAPARENT S.A.
5. Fuel: the car must be delivered with a full tank as was at the beginning of the rental. Otherwise, renter should be charged with the cost of the missing fuel plus €7 for refueling service charge. The renter is obliged to follow the manufacturer's instructions & always use the correct type of fuel.
6. Insurance: All rates cover:
a) Death or damage to third parties up to €500.000.
b) Material damages to third parties (excluding the KAPARENT S.A. vehicle) up to €100.000.
c) Fire to KAPARENT S.A. vehicle.
For damages to the rented car, the renter is responsible for the entire commercial value of the vehicle at the time of the accident. In case of theft of the rented car (total/partial) the renter is responsible for the entire commercial value of the vehicle at the time of the theft. The renter should pay in full for the damages to the rented vehicle, even if the damage is not renter's fault. If and when KAPARENT S.A. recovers the cost of the damage from the insurance company, then KAPARENT S.A. will compensate the customer.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): Collision Damage Waiver Insurance (CDW) covers the renter, limiting his liability (Excess) to the following Non-Deductible amounts:
a) car groups B, C, D, E, H deductible amount (Excess) €600 on daily cost of €10.
b) car groups F, M, O, V deductible amount (Excess) €750 on daily cost of €12.
Provided he/she signs the relevant terms mentioned on the rental agreement. The above terms will apply provided collision damages are not due to violations of the Greek Traffic Code.
Full Damage Waiver (FDW): The renter can waive the deductible amounts of CDW insurance of the previous paragraph & also incident administration fee prescribed on paragraph 16, on a daily cost of €20(a), €25(b) respectively for the groups prescribed on paragraphs above.
Theft Protection (TPC): Theft protection (TP) covers the renter for total or partial loss of the car, for car groups B, C, D, E, H, on a daily cost of €4 and for car groups F, M, O, V, on a daily cost of €7.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI): Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) for a daily cost of €5 provides coverage up to €15.000 for the driver & each passenger in case of death, total or partial disability.
ATTENTION!!! No insurance Coverage:
- When the car is on board a ship.
- Any accident or incident resulting with the driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Damages caused to the vehicle because of off road driving.
- Theft or damage of any personal belongings while in the KAPARENT S.A. car.
- For damages to the undercarriage of the vehicle, tires, external mirrors and antennas.
- For accidents that take place when a driver is not declared on the Rental Agreement and he/she drives the KAPARENT S.A. car.
- For accidents that renter has not informed KAPARENT S.A. office accordingly, & filed relevant accident report as is obliged by the Greek Traffic Code, no matter if the accident was his/hers responsibility or not.
Even if the renter is fully covered by a credit/charge card, he/she will still have to pay KAPARENT S.A. all costs incurred in repairs or replacement of the car.
7. Delivery/Collection: a) Each delivery/collection within city limits (excluding KAPARENT S.A. stations) is charged with €5. b) Each out of town delivery/collection is charged with €0, 50 per km for all car groups (with a minimum charge of €10). c) Each night or out of office opening hours delivery/collection is charged with €15. d) For each delivery/collection to airports is charged with 5% on the final rate. e) For collection of the car in a station different than the one reserved on the signed rental agreement, renter is charged with €0,50 per km for the distance between the reserved station & the new that prefers to return the car plus an additionally fee of €10.
8. Additional driver: €3 per day.
9. Baby seats: €3 per day, available upon request.
10. Snow chains: €3 per day, available upon request.
11. Road Assistance: 24 hours a day.
12. Taxes: All rates are subject to value-added tax (VAT) as it is defined for Greece.
13. Across the border rental: Crossing the Greek borders with the KAPARENT S.A. vehicle is prohibited without the prior written authorization from KAPARENT S.A. Greece.
14. Carrying the KAPARENT S.A. car: An advance written authorization from KAPARENT S.A. Greece is required for carrying the KAPARENT S.A. car on a ferryboat, on a train or any other mean of transfer.
15. Traffic violations: The renter assumes full responsibility for traffic violations and pays the respective fines.
16. Incident Administration fee: In case of an accident, there is a non-refundable fee of €30 to cover administration expenses, irrespectively of driver's liability.
17. The cars shown in photos are for guidance purposes only and may be substituted for an alternative, similar or upgrade car at no extra cost.
Above terms and rates are subject to changes without notice.